Dear Preschool Parent,
Welcome to one of the most incredible years your child will have in his/her school career! Preschool is an exciting time as children embark upon new adventures in the world of learning. This is a year of important transitions, as well as one in which many new skills are developed!
If you haven’t already, it’s time to begin thinking about the upcoming school year! Preschool will begin Tuesday, August 25th at 8:05 am. Classes will be in session from Monday – Thursday from 8:05 am to 3:05 pm. Our Preschool Open House is scheduled for Monday, August 24th from 6:30-7:30 pm. At this time we would like to have you and your child come and get acquainted with their new classroom.
To help insure a positive beginning to your child’s preschool experience, there are several things you can do over the summer.
- Take time to drive by the school so your child is familiar with the setting.
- Visit with your child about how Preschool will fit into their daily schedule.
- Provide exposure to “school tools” (books, crayons, pencils, scissors) and allow your child to explore with them under your supervision.
- Provide opportunities for your child to be away from home for short periods of time.
- Have your child practice tracing & printing his/her first name (not in all capital letters), color pictures and use scissors to cut lines, circles, etc.
- Practice finding shapes and colors in the environment.
- Read to your child every day!
Each year prior to the start of Preschool, we visit each child at his/her home. During these home visits your child will have an opportunity to meet us in an environment that is comfortable to them. We will be able to learn a little bit about them, and go over the handbook. Feel free to ask us any questions you might have. Home visits take 15-20 minutes. They will take place on August 13-14 and 17-19 from 8:00-3:00. Your time can be scheduled on the form below and returned to the school by August 10th. We will then be calling to confirm your reservation once the schedule has been set. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 987-2424 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miss Hogeland & Miss English
Child’s Name: _____________________________________________
Thursday, August 13th ________ Monday, August 17th _________
Friday, August 14th _________ Tuesday, August 18th _________
Wednesday, August 19th __________
Best Time: ____________________________________________________
Please mail or drop off at the School: PO Box 310, Overton, NE 68863